In my article Three Ways to Optimize Your Day, I suggest that you may transform your day by making a conscious choice about how you want to experience it. You can do this simply by adding one item to your “to do” list that focuses your attention on that choice. This addition takes the form of the statement: “Today I choose to ___.”
Below are some items you may want to add to your daily “to do” list. I recommend choosing ONE (or possibly two related items) per day so you can focus on the experience you desire. For example, today you may choose to feel compassion both for yourself and for others.
Today I choose to:
- live my passion.
- view the world from a child's perspective.
- feel proud of my contributions.
- be curious about the people I meet and the situations I encounter.
- appreciate others.
- share my talents.
- feel grateful for the abundance in my life.
- express my gratitude for others' contributions.
- be inspired by those around me.
- be grateful for the opportunities I have.
- feel compassion for myself.
- feel compassion for others.
- really listen to those I encounter.
- be fascinated by the world around me.
- seek the inherent goodness of people.
- celebrate my successes.
- celebrate others' successes.
- experience the freedom of choosing my own options.
- feel peaceful and serene.
- say "thank you" for everyone and everything that comes into my life.
- feel content with who I am.
- express my playful side.
- accept myself for who I am.
- accept others for who they are.
- appreciate the generosity of others.
- feel joyful.
- engage in healthy behaviors.
- celebrate my well-being.
- feel worthy.
- feel part of something larger than myself.
- show others how they fit in the big picture.
- feel exhilarated.
- have fun!
- value myself.
- value others.
- find something positive in every encounter.
- feel elated!
- be kind to myself.
- be kind to others.
- heal one wound.
- feel carefree.
- be fearless!
- take a risk.
- cherish my relationships.
- trust others.
- be trustworthy.
- reach out to someone I don't know.
- listen to another person's story.
- be patient.
- ask for the help I need.
- help someone without being asked.
- play with my children.
- spend time with my loved ones.
- be of service to others.
- feel deserving.
- discover something about a friend I didn't know.
- be respectful of every person I meet.
- meet one of my most important needs.
- embrace life, whatever it brings my way.
I encourage you to add to this list! Let me know what suggestions you have. I will publish them in a future newsletter. And let me know how this tip helped transform your day!
Pat Lynch, Ph.D., is President of Business Alignment Strategies, Inc., a consulting firm that helps clients optimize business results by aligning people, programs, and processes with organizational goals. You may contact Pat or call (562) 985-0333.
Return to Research News Page
Copyright 2010 Business Alignment Strategies. All rights reserved.